Middle Office Associate
Ausbil Investment Management, based in Sydney, is one of Australia’s leading specialist Australian and global investment managers. Established in 1997, we are a strategic partnership between members of the investment/management team of Ausbil and New York Life Investment Management. As at 31 December 2021, Ausbil manage over $16.9 billion in funds under management. Our clients include industry superannuation funds, retail platforms and dealer groups.
We are looking for an operational resource to join our middle office reporting team. This is an entry level position. The role will primarily focus on daily tasks to support our portfolio managers.
Key tasks include:
- Run daily stock, cash, outstanding trade and dividends discrepancy reports, compare custodian records to Portfolio Management System (PMS) with the exception reports produced. Follow up discrepancies with Custodian and brokers.
- Process daily equity trading and settlement communications and follow up discrepancies with custodian and brokers.
- Record cash flows changes, for applications and redemptions into our managed trusts and mandates, record management fees, charges, for funding and reconciliation purposes to our PMS and Custodian records.
- Administer collateral and stock loan position reconciliation and instructions to lending brokers and Custodian.
- Arrange payment of dividends for stock on loan & collateral with brokers for stock lending transactions. Provide instructions to custodian to reflect dividend positions.
- Arrange Placements, Rapids, rights entitlements, in specie trades, off-market trades and report substantial shareholding positions.
- Arrange broker matching for all trades through OMGEO CTM on a daily basis.
- Other ad-hoc projects/ tasks as required.
You will have a tertiary education in Commerce/Business/Finance related degree. You will need to be a self-starter with strong excel, analytical abilities with good communication skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and be a team player.
The above role is based in Sydney and offers a competitive salary and incentives. To apply, please submit your resume (with supporting cover letter and documentation) in confidence. Only Australian citizens/residents need apply.
Diversity & inclusion at Ausbil
Ausbil is committed to an inclusive workplace in which differences and unique perspectives are encouraged and valued, leading to greater employee engagement and satisfaction. At Ausbil, each employee is valued for their unique and distinctive background and skills, experiences and point of view.
Upload your CV